Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Collecting Showtimes

Andy Warhol is both a collecting artist and pop art artist. Pop Art is art based on modern popular cutlure and mass media. Like Andy Warhol, I have a collection that crosses with pop art. My collection of movie stub tickets holds sentimental value and memories with friends and family. I started collecting tickets in 7th grade. Sadly, after moving to a different house, I lost a decent amount of my collection. Since then, I have rebuilt my collection. Each ticket is a looking glass to a phase in my life, whether it be a friend group or fangirl phenomenom. My favorite ticket is The Great Gatsby ticket. I hated the movie itself, but that day was one of the best days ever because I spent it with my best friend after not seeing him for months. 
The other thing that appeals to me is the change of the tickets over time. As I aged, so have the ticket ratings from G to R, including a variety of interest. 

While exploring other artist and general collections, I came across a man who, too, collects movie ticket stubs.  http://www.cctv.com/english/special/news/20091117/103937.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment